If you haven’t had a chance to check out Yellowstone in the winter, it is truly a once in a lifetime experience. All of the amazing features with zero crowds - a true chance to view nature’s immense capabilities with just a few others around. Whether it is via a snowcoach guided tour or on an unguided snowmobile tour. we highly recommend a visit next winter!
Extend your Mardi Gras celebration by starting a couple days early over at Targhee!
2017: Yellowstone Spring Road Opening Dates
- April 21: Mammoth to Old Faithful; Madison to West Entrance; Norris to Canyon.
- May 5: Canyon Junction to Lake; Lake to East Entrance (Sylvan Pass).
- May 12: Lake to West Thumb, West Thumb to Old Faithful (Craig Pass), and South Entrance to West Thumb; Tower Junction to Tower Fall.
- May 26: Tower Fall to Canyon Junction (Dunraven Pass)
- May 26: Beartooth Highway
2017: Fall Closing Dates
- October 10: Beartooth Pass (US 212 to Red Lodge, Montana); Dunraven Pass (Tower Fall to Canyon)
- November 6: All roads except the road between the North Entrance and the Northeast entrance close at 8:00 am
2017-2018: Yellowstone Winter Over-Snow Travel
- December 15: Conditions permitting, the park will open at 8 am to oversnow vehicles from Mammoth to Madison; Madison to Old Faithful; Madison to West Entrance; from Old Faithful to West Thumb; from South to Lake Butte Overlook, from Canyon to Lake and from Canyon to Norris.
- December 22: Conditions permitting, East Entrance Road (from East to Lake Butte) will open at 8 am.
Find all the details about closures & travel here at Yellowstone's Website.