About Jackson Hole, Wyoming
Authentic Western Charm in the Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem
Jackson Hole still strives and succeeds at maintaining our welcoming, authentic character. We are civic-minded, philanthropic, and unique community – not simply a resort destination. If you have not visited Jackson Hole, we invite you to come and discover a lifestyle like no other steeped in natural beauty.
Living in Jackson Hole, WY offers a lifestyle filled with unique characteristics. The dramatic Teton Mountain Range, open wildlife corridors, the Snake River, the best skiing in North America at Jackson Hole Mountain Resort, spectacular golfing, abundant fly-fishing, and endless outdoor recreational options attract those who desire a life of adventure, culture and natural beauty. Combining the Jackson Hole lifestyle along with preserving the natural landscape and the benefits of Wyoming’s tax advantages makes Jackson Hole more compelling than ever to consider as your primary residence.
Why to Buy in Wyoming
Wyoming’s tax-friendly climate is a strong reason to consider making Jackson Hole your primary residence. Bloomberg, the Tax Foundation.org, Market Watch, Barrons, and Kiplinger rank Wyoming as one of the most tax-friendly states in the U.S. year after year.
Residents of Wyoming reap significant tax benefits due to its tax certainty, asset and creditor protection, and state budget surplus of $1 billion. Wyoming’s lack of income tax and low property taxes allows homeowners to have more control over their financial well-being.
Wyoming is Tax Friendly
- No state income tax
- No estate or inheritance tax
- No corporate tax
- No capital gains tax
- No tax on out-of-state retirement income
- No trust tax
- Low property tax
- Low sales tax
Protected From Over Development in Perpetuity
On the border of Grand Teton and Yellowstone National Parks, Jackson Hole rests in a fifteen-mile-wide tract of land running along the base of the Teton Mountain Range for roughly 50 miles. Nestled between land divided among national parks, national forests, the National Elk Refuge, and private conservation by the Jackson Hole Land Trust, Jackson only covers 3% with the remaining 97% of land preserved in perpetuity. Guaranteeing the preservation of Jackson’s character and openness and protection from development of the beautiful landscape, waterway frontage, animal migration corridors, and open space for generations to come.
Yellowstone National Park
Yellowstone National Park is America’s first national park, established in 1872. Just an hour and a half drive from Jackson, it is home to an incredible variety of wildlife such as grizzly bears, wolves, bison, and elk. A day trip into the park will likely include at least one wildlife sighting. Preserved within Yellowstone National Park a collection of the world’s most extraordinary geysers and hot springs, as well as the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone. This historic Old Faithful Lodge should not be missed on your Yellowstone adventure.
Grand Teton National Park
Just a few miles north of downtown Jackson Hole is Grand Teton National Park featuring a spectacular landscape with towering mountains, pristine lakes and abundant wildlife. The Teton Mountain Range is one of the most photographed views in all of North America. In the park you can explore over two hundred miles of trails, kayak or fly-fish the mighty Snake River, or enjoy the serenity of the remarkable place. A newly completed bike path allows for an up close and personal tour with nature. The Jenny Lake Visitors Center, the Craig Thomas Discovery and the Laurance S. Rockefeller Center are excellent stops on your Grand Teton National Park visits.
The Bridger-Teton National Forest
The Bridger-Teton offers more than 3.4 million acres of public land for outdoor recreation enjoyment and is easily accessed from Jackson Hole. With its pristine watersheds, thriving wildlife and immense wild lands, these forestlands comprise a large part of the Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem. With nearly 1.2 million acres of designated wilderness, over 30,000 miles of road and trails and thousands of miles of unspoiled rivers and streams, the Bridger-Teton offers something for everyone.
Nestled along the base of the Teton Range, the Jackson Hole Airport is one of the most scenic, captivating, and close to town airports in the nation. Located just 15 minutes north of Town Square, and within Grand Teton National Park (the country’s only airport located inside a national park), Jackson Hole AIrport offers easy access and direct flights to Denver, Salt Lake City, Dallas/Ft. Worth, Minneapolis, Chicago, Atlanta, San Francisco, Houston, Newark, JFK-New York, Seattle, Phoenix and Los Angeles.